This unofficial fan site is devoted both to the career of Jack
Webb and to all things Dragnet.
HOME || Articles || Bibliography || Cast || Discussion Group || email || Episodes || FAQ || Filmographies
Links || Movies || Photos || Quotes || Radio
Days || Recipes || Search || The Usual
Suspects || Readers Comments
RECIPESIf you're a fan of Dragnet 1967-1970, you probably
recall these odd-sounding recipes that Bill Gannon promoted. Several people have told
us that the barbecue sauce is actually quite tasty!
Bill's Garlic Nut-Butter Sandwich1. Take two slices of pumpernickel
2. Spread one with your preferred variety of peanut butter.
3. Spread one with cream cheese.
4. Crush garlic cloves over the cream cheese side, allowing juice to drip into cream
cheese (to taste).
5. Join slices into sandwich form, cut into quarters and enjoy!
Bill's Secret Barbecue SauceBill says "Use it on lamb and you'll never
know it's lamb!"
1 qt. ketchup
1 can red pepper
1 can hot mustard
1 qt. vinegar
1 lb. peeled red peppers, freshly chopped
1 small jar of oregano
4-5 cloves of garlic
1. Mix ingredients in a large, chilled bowl using an electric mixer.
2. Add 5 chopped Bermuda onions.
(Now here comes the secret part...)
3. Add one quart vanilla ice cream and mix again.
Please e-mail me for questions, suggestions or corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss The Cop Cookbook
Greta Garner-Hewitt (James Garner's daughter) has written a book called The Cop
Cookbook. Among other things it features recipes from Jack Webb. Visit her
which has detailed information about the book and how to order it.