If you’re a fan of Dragnet 1967-1970, you probably recall these odd-sounding recipes that Bill Gannon promoted. Several people have told us that the barbecue sauce is actually quite tasty!
Links :: Movies :: Photos :: Quotes :: Radio Days :: RECIPES :: The Usual Suspects :: Readers Comments
Bill’s Garlic Nut-Butter Sandwich
1. Take two slices of pumpernickel bread.
2. Spread one with your preferred variety of peanut butter.
3. Spread one with cream cheese.
4. Crush garlic cloves over the cream cheese side, allowing juice to drip into cream cheese (to taste).
5. Join slices into sandwich form, cut into quarters and enjoy!
Bill’s Secret Barbecue Sauce
Bill says “Use it on lamb and you’ll never know it’s lamb!”
1 qt. ketchup
1 can red pepper
1 can hot mustard
1 qt. vinegar
1 lb. peeled red peppers, freshly chopped
1 small jar of oregano
4-5 cloves of garlic
1. Mix ingredients in a large, chilled bowl using an electric mixer.
2. Add 5 chopped Bermuda onions.
(Now here comes the secret part…)
3. Add one quart vanilla ice cream and mix again.
Don’t miss The Cop Cookbook
Greta Garner-Hewitt (James Garner’s daughter) has written a book called The Cop Cookbook. Among other things it features recipes from Jack Webb. Visit her web page, which has detailed information about the book and how to order it.